Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Simple cheap food

A key reason why I feel I have my weight under control is that I've established a simple backbone of 3 square meals a day.

  • Breakfast 85g of porridge made up with milk
  • Lunch 85g of basmati brown rice and 350g of frozen vegetable
  • Dinner the same as lunch
For variety I may add a bit of fruit at breakfast. Lunch and dinner I'll add some protein perhaps fried up with some onions and/or some extra vegs or fruit. A tablespoon of sauce or pickle also helps keep things different.

All this makes for a diet that I find remarkably satisfying. It's quick and simple to prepare and leaves me full. It's also pretty much perfect in it's macro breakdown for high volume workout training.

It's also pretty cheap. The basics above work out as less than £1 a day for over 3000kcal per day. 


No comments: