Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Feeling bad > riding good

Despite measuring everything and having oodles of data sometimes you just have to go with how you feel.

I did a ramp test Monday and can't admit to eating/drinking sensibly to recover afterwards. On the contrary Mrs M and I watched Bohemian Rhapsody  while consuming a bottle of wine.

So woke yesterday after a disturbed nights sleep with a slightly muzzy head. 

Despite that when it came to doing my workout I felt pretty good. So I switched my plan to do 4x16 but in a slightly different way.  I marked up 64 squares on my whiteboard and just rode in target zone marking off the squares in small chunks of 3-5 minutes. 

I really didn't have a clue about how far through I was or the length of individual interval. So instead of 4x16 I ended up doing more like 3x21. 

Best thing was that I felt great. 

No comments: