Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Russel Brand - fails the exercise bike test

Slightly off topic, but not entirely. Started cycling as way to get fit and lose weight and remains key goal. Helped in this by having an indoor exercise bike + a small DVD/TV. So I often pedal along while watching a film/TV series.

One by product of this is that how good or otherwise the DVD is can be judged by how hard I am exercising. The better it the easier it is to pedal (e.g. now watching the Sopranos and for some episodes have been chugging along at a good tempo pace without even noticing.)

On the other hand if the show is rubbish I find pedalling harder. To date the worst thing I have seen was the film Alexander. However this was beaten yesterday when (at sons insistance because apparently I am the only person in the universe who does not find him funny) I watched a DVD of Russel Brand's live show. This was real hard work, despite choosing a very easy exercise program it was hard to keep concentrating. Fortunately the DVD skipped a bit which gave me the excuse to fast forward through long sections where all he did was moan about how he had been treated at some awards or other or read out bits of the Daily Star to his audience.

Opinion isnt changed. Don't like or dislike Russel Brand, he just isnt funny.

No comments: