Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Marmotte - expanded

As result of earlier enquiry into multi day sportives (see earlier post) I found that there are a few more events taking place in Oisans at the time of the Marmotte.

These are
Vaujany Sportive (173km)
Grande Rousse (40km but 1600m climbing)
Grimpe Alpe (TT up Huez day after the Marmotte)


I have decided to do these as well. The Vaujany I will used as a f peak training ride plus it will be useful to get some experience of riding a mass sportive prior to the Marmotte.

The Rousse looks the sort of distance to do a final event week ride to keep me sharp and the final Grimpe should hopefully be just a bit of fun to round off the whole trip.

Result of all this is that I should be spending a couple of weeks in the Alps end June. Looking forward to it already..

No comments: