Monday, February 18, 2008

Its been a hard days week

Last week was the hardest of the year so far. Did a 2x350kj session out on the road Saturday, both work intervals being around 285W. Also did some form sprints at the start of the ride and surprised myself by hitting 939W which is a (not very good admittedly) PB.

Saturday evening went to the O2 to see Smashing Pumpkins and arrived back late. But still struggled up to go for the club ride on a lovely crisp winters morning down to Whitchurch. The cold air woke me up and the fact we rode 60km before the stop gave me the excuse to have a couple of excellent pints of Arkells Kingsdown Special.

Revivied, I managed to summon up the energy to go to the flicks and see No Country for Old Men which was OK but not as good as hoped.

End of week stats saw me notching up all the 9's : 996 TSS points for the week and CTL up to 99.
(If I had included TSS for moshing at Smashing Pumpkins might have clicked both over..)

Taking Monday right off as apart from being a wee bit fatigued from all above giving blood. Then will ramp up for final base week culminating in a weekend trip back to Wales.

No comments: