Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Enough Power?

When is enough enough? I needed to ask this question of myself when deciding to get some power meters for my Langster and Giant MTB.

So far I have been guessing my power when using this and uploading into WKO. However, sad geek that I am, this leaves me a bit unsatisfied as I dont get the post ride thrill of downloading my power stats and seeing how I have done (most especially following the SPAM as pretty sure I surpassed myself during the event but will never know.)

As a result I know I am not using either bike as much as I should (the Giant has been unused since the SPAM and only the mud from that event washed off last weekend). So I have pretty much taken the decision to get an Ergomo for each bike (chose Ergomo over PT because easier to fit and think its a bit more waterproof than the PT for the MTB).

My conscience nagged me this may be contrary to the spirit of enoughness but I believe there is no contradiction as it for sure that the Ergomos will get full and enduring use and getting them means my underused bikes will get much more of an outing. So I have removed the BBs from both...watch this space.

No comments: