Monday, February 11, 2008

First Century

Amazing weather over the weekend prompted me to go for my first century of the year. Club run was a park'n ride from Marlborough so I decided to cycle rather than drive there. Joined by a couple of others from the club, one of whom learned a bit about riding in a group as he broke wind for us all the way there.

Once there we went for a great ride out over the plains to Malmsbury, where the coffee shop was overrun with people in multicoloured lyrca as another cycle group hit town at the same time as other.

On the run back we went over a couple of toughish hills, including Hackpen and I was quite happy to acquit myself well on the climbs. Cycled back to base in company with Alun, going up Spring Hill which apparently is 22% in parts.

Ride was natch the hardest of the season to date at 343 TSS points. I also set a season best 1 min PB of 451W.

No comments: