Tuesday, February 12, 2008

3x333

Following my century Sunday, Monday evening I did a 3x333kj. (As previously mentioned I find it more challenging to go for a KJ total on intervals rather than watch a clock tick down. )

I figured that if 350kj was 20 mins at 300W or so then doing 333kj would be round about 20 mins at just under threshold. So I set the goal of doing 3 intervals of 333kj at between 270W and 280W on my rollers.

First was 271W but surprisingly comfortable, my heart staying mostly in the 150s. Second I aimed at 275W and again was not too difficult. So I decided to have a bit of fun and for the last I put The Black Parade on the headphones, engaged big gears and just pedalled away, stonking out the choruses at 400W+. Final interval was done at 300W.

All in all an excellent session. The first 2 intervals were 20mins or so and HR decoupling was only 2.5%. It was a bit bigger for the last interval, due to me hammering away during the choruses.

Other bit of good news was I was steady as a rock on the rollers and did not fall off once. In fact so confident that during the warm down I (very briefly) tried riding hands off....


No comments: