Thursday, October 17, 2013

VO2, MLSS, MHR, peak power

The other measures from the tests I undertook were all about peak efforts.

My "MLSS" was 300W, 4.48w/kg, 166bpm
VO2 was 62.8

Max HR was 180rpm

Power at VO2 max was 375W 
Power/weight at VO2 max was 5.59 W/kg

The protocol to get these values was 
  • Start at 150W
  • Increase 25W every 3 minutes until MLSS
  • Then increase 25W per minute until crack

The results don't come as a big surprise. I have not been doing any top end work recently so they are all a bit low, apart from max HR which is higher than I expected. 

The VO2 is a bit lower than my last test in 2006 when it measured 63.9 (and I was a bit heavier)

All should get better once I up intensity and lose a few more pounds. 
 
 
  

2 comments:

Ruud_G said...

Hi. How did they determine your MLSS? As percentage of your last average minute power or...?

Bahzob said...

Test was ramp of 25W every 3 minutes starting at 150W.

300W was last full 3 minutes I completed before lactic spiked.

After that did some 1 minute 25W progressions, last complete one of these was 375W which gave max power figure