Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lactate Threshold - another surprise

One outcome of the recent test I did was to find out my "lactate threshold".

I thought I knew what this meant but in fact I've been wrong all these years. My believed this was the same as my "threshold power" but in fact its much lower. 

Wiki explains all here

So the lactate threshold occurs quite early on as you ramp up power. For me it occurred at 225W/133bpm. 

This point coincides with the point where you need to start breathing through your mouth so is quite easy to monitor. 
 

2 comments:

Ruud_G said...

Hi. You have a nice blog. I read your experiences with interest. At what point did they determine the lactate treshold? 4mmol/l?

Bahzob said...

Sorry didn't get told that but guess it was that since it's pretty standard.