Thursday, October 24, 2013

Knocked Knees

I paid a return visit to Cycefit recently to get properly fitted for my TT bike, with a view to training in this position over winter, hopefully with a result that the gap between my TT power and climbing power will narrow from its current level of around 30W.

It proved to be very worthwhile and I ended up with a position I felt a lot more comfortable in.

I also got a bit of a shock. The assessment included a front on view of my pedalling action, highlighted by the use of a couple of lasers. My knees were noticeably off plane, both being too close to the top tube, the right knee especially so. 
 
A radical change to the wedges on my shoes helped improve matters. My left leg is pretty much sorted. My right is still away from perfect but is probably as good as it will get given my genes combined with the effect of the injuries I sustained 

Good news is I have the winter to sort out not only my TT position but my slightly knocked knees 

 

No comments: