Saturday, August 24, 2013

Strava challenge

Strava is something that didn't exist when I was last riding. I've signed up for it and can see how it can become quite addictive, with the possibility to record every ride comparing your PBs with those of others. 

There are also challenges and I just completed my first one. It was to do 574 miles in a couple of weeks, but I decided to up the effort a bit and try it in 5 days.

It proved a useful opportunity to work on my TT bike, burn off some fat and get used to some LSD (long steady distance). It worked well on all fronts. I was especially pleased to see how easy it was to keep up a steady 20mph. I'll probably have another go at a 12 next year. 

I was the first to finish and I have to admit a frisson of pride seeing my name number 1 out of 13000+ riders. 

No comments: