Thursday, September 19, 2013

Test four

After a bit of a break carried out test four today. 

Went remarkably well, especially as I have been concentrating on keeping weight down.

Good, if slow, news on that score. Tested weight is 68.8kg, lowest to date, still on the upper side of the BMI range but heading towards the middle.


As for the test itself

Results of the test were:
Bike used: Wattbike
Position:    Upright
Weight> >>>>>>68.8kg
20 min power>> 340W
FTP power >>> 323W
w/kg >>>>>>>> 4.70 
Avg HR 158bpm
Max HR 164bpm
Last 17 min drift 1.73% 

Pretty damn good. What was especially impressive was the quality of the test. I set an initial target pace of around 330W+  then just held steady for the whole effort, just upping the effort slightly in the second half. 

HR remarkable.  Average was 6 bpm less than previous test, despite extra power. Ditto max at 164 was 5 less and well off my red zone of 172bpm+
Drift once warmed up was only 1.7%, compared to 5% last time.

In part this will be down to the nature of my training atm, which tends to lower HR. However the HR results are matched by how it felt. Subjectively this was easiest test so far and I was genuinely surprised when I saw I had touched 340W. 






No comments: