Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thruxton - fun break


Latest race from Thruxton Sunday. Nice weather and wind only stiff.


Given up trying to get points at Thruxton. Regardless, if weather is good the race ends in a sprint and I want to stay clear of these with main season due to start soon.


So just for fun I am now riding road races with intention of working hard and making a break, in the expectation that I will be caught but at least I will get a workout as a result.


Had a couple of goes, first time stayed clear for a lap, second for most of a lap until caught by someone who, bizarrely, once with me gave up. Frustrating.
Picture above is nice shot of me ahead of bunch on first break, sadly just about to get caught up hill. Difficult to stay away when race averages over 25mph...

No comments: