Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fransiscan Golf

Just on the subject of golf. Train delays this morning so headed to WH Smith to see if any new cycle mags.

There weren't but there were lots of golf ones. I was tempted but stayed my hand.

I will turn over a new leaf re golf. Previously I read every magazine and bought every gadget in the hope of them turning me into a golf prodigy. None really worked, the worse were those that, briefly, made me a superstar but then, shortly after, left me a dunce. (Law of any new club says that shots hit during practice with it will be perfect, first shots in anger crap. Exception is worse, first shots in anger will be perfect but shortly after worse than crap. Refusing to admit this you will persevere until point where putter would be more effective (unless object in question is in fact a putter in which case subsitute driver))

From the off I will take a lead from my better half and, for golf at least, adopt a Fransiscan attitude. I will get my clubs and any necessities like (hopefully not too many) balls/tees. But otherwise I will eschew all golf paraphenalia and concentrate on keeping the came as simple as possible.

I would like to promise the same re bikes. Can't quite manage this I am afraid but have avowed - no more bikes!

2 comments:

china hotel said...

Hey!
I have no idea about the Fransiscan Golf,but I only interested in the golf ,Is it different from the other golf? Before starting the first ball the object or the direction should be chosen fully with self-confident. Good lock,Thanks for shating us.

china hotel said...

Hey!
I have no idea about the Fransiscan Golf,but I only interested in the golf ,Is it different from the other golf? Before starting the first ball the object or the direction should be chosen fully with self-confident. Good lock,Thanks for shating us.