Monday, February 23, 2009

Pride comes.....


Following road race success I nipped home sharpish then it was off to London to see Katy. Nice meal at the Horseshoe (sunny T shirt weather ) and then to Brixton to see White Lies/Glavegas. (Found parking dead easy BTW).

Great concert, especially Glasvegas where got to front which was fun (apart from divvy crowd surfers).

Pogoed pretty hard/late night so bit tired in Sunday. But lovely weather again so dragged myself out of bed and went to Mkt square intending to tag along on club run for a light ride. Only 5 of us due to YHA trip.

Headed off but only made it as far as St Gabriels roundabout. Went at it a bit too fast and lost front wheel. Face hit floor and I remember thinking "bugger there goes Spain..".
Luckily no traffic and I slid to a halt. Lots of blood and I was worried I had damaged cheekbone as this had scrapped along the tarmac. But luckily no serious damage.
Other guys great help and called an ambulance. Quick check ascertained I needed to go to A&E so off I went (first time trip to ambulance Slightly honoured as ambulance was brand new and I was first casualty...) to Basingstoke.

There I had a bit of a wait but chilled out and eventually seen by a very nice doctor. Had a chat about cycling and travel, recommended Strasbourg as destination and she seemed very interested..

Once done called a taxi and returned home. Sufficently recovered to be able to get to go to cinema to see Inkheart

WKO shows my fall... round about 30mph when hit the deck...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooowwwww.

Glad to read you are alright; looks nasty.