Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Long Rides

I did my second long (5 hour) ride of the new training season yesterday. Weather was a lot better than the first which was nice, but ride itself was a lot better as well.



Focus for ride was to spend more time in the endurance zone. I managed well:






As the above shows I spent a lot more time in the endurance zone on the second ride and the power trace is smoother and more concentrated in the target zone.

Riding fixed puts some constraints on how much further I can push this but I will aim to do similar on future rides and ride same route on a geared bike to see what that can achieve.

I got some reliable HR readings on the ride as well, very encouraging. Power was endurance but HR was recovery at a very comfortable average of only 129bpm. Decoupling great, only 1.5% for the ride. Proves I still have very good base level fitness.


No comments: