Monday, September 22, 2008

Looking ahead 2009

It feels like the cycling year is over now. So time to look ahead to 2009 and see what it may bring.

Some initial thoughts on challenges:
  • LEL 2009: 26th-31st July: a real biggy. 1400km in around 93 or so hours.
  • Etape Gold: Depending on where/when I would like to have a go at getting an etape gold.
  • Marmotte quicker: I move up an age category and should get a preferential start position so it would be nice to beat my time this year. Sub 7 hours will be a real stretch target.
  • 12 hour further: I would like to beat my distance for this year, target will be more than 255 miles which would be all time club record.
  • BBAR: If I'm doing a 12 it would be fun to do a 50 and 100 mile TT as well as this means I get a BBAR http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/bbar_whatis.asp Apparently you get a certificate if you average over 22mph so this seems like a reasonable goal.
  • TTs: I will treat myself to a "proper" TT bike to help with above and so I can explore another aspect of the cycling world.
  • Racing: I really enjoyed the 3 races I did at Thruxton this year and will aim to do more next. Challenge will be to score a few points...
  • Sportives: Apart from Etape/Marmotte I will put less emphasis on these in terms of timing/standard and rather aim to ride for enjoyment. Tours of Ireland/Wessex will be on agenda again.

Bit of a long list but then I will have some more time next year so hopefully will be doable. Time will tell...

No comments: