Thursday, September 25, 2008

And now for something completely different - golf

My sporting passion prior to cycling was golf. However its a game that takes up a fair amount of time, especially if you are no good at it like me. I ended up only playing occasionally, mainly against my dad when we saw each other and after his death my enthusiasm dried up.



Still I have the intention of taking the game up again once time permits and to this end still go down to the driving range every now and then.



Like all golfers I sometimes hit some shots that make me think I have cracked the game. This is always a deception but its worth trying to remember what worked at the time, to at least try again. So I will use this blog to record some "swing thoughts" from time to time.



Here's the first couple:
  • Slow to top of back swing and start the downswing as slowly as possible.
  • Focus on outside front quarter of ball and visualise hitting through it on impact


No comments: