Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Going for Gold?


I have received the latest news about the South Downs challenge that is now looming on the horizon, only a couple of weekends away. Aka the "Highclere Hundred" it has now lengthened to become the "Highclere 115" partly on account of avoiding the nasty last turn up West Woodhay down.

Included in the news are the standards for the race. This sets a challenge of completing the course in 6hrs 55mins to get a "gold".


Highclere 100 standards

This puts me in a bit of a dilemma. I am looking forward to the day but not sure how competitive I want it to be. The gold standard looks very doable as it requires an AVS of 27kph which I am pretty sure I am up to. But it will be a bit of a downer if I go for it and miss. May be more fun just to amble around enjoying the ride, countryside and company. Think will decide on the day....

No comments: