Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Life Changing Bike Moments 1 - It's too big!!!

As a change from looking forwards I thought I'd look back from time to time and recall some of the moments of serendipity that changed my cycling life. (Even if nothing will ever come close to deciding to get out of bed early, fetch the DT and end up in a job for life)

The most significant  moment bike wise came at the beginning. Like many I was fat and in my mid 40s, peaking I think at around 93kg. At this point credit to Phil, who regularly worked out at the gym, on a Concept II.

If it worked for him I guessed it would work for me so I decided to buy one. Our main bedroom has a slightly eccentric feature, a small walk in wardrobe cum room that I thought would be the perfect place to put it.

I went on the Concept site clicked my way through all the options and was just about to click the button to pay when I thought I'd just better check the machine would fit.

I went and measured the room and found it was exactly 6" too small. No way to fit the rower without knocking down a wall...

So I decided to go for a plan B and got myself an exercise bike instead.....


No comments: