Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hungry Hampshire Hilly?

Rest day today. Planning a big ride tomorrow though (in perhaps daft hope BBC weathers sunny prediction is right) and will be doing an all day outing following the route of Hampshire Hilly Hundred http://www.sportivecycling.org.uk/

Apart from being a test of the legs am also planning this as a check out of my touring gear which I will be using on the Giant in France next week. Last time this was used was on the TDF so will be like good old times.

Also planning to make the ride a test of feeding strategy. Using the Tri-Talk nutrition calculator I am guesstimating I will need to take in around 2200kcal if the ride takes around the 8 hours I guess it will given the distance, climbing and heavy bike. I will be aiming to ride this at a steady 210W and will be taking a mix of bars, jelly babies and raisins. In theory these add up to the 2200kcal I will need. It will be interesting to see how the last hour compares to the first.

No comments: