Friday, November 02, 2007

Raid Pyreneen - Warm up

Did the Raid Pyreneen late September. This was a great trip organised through the Roquefort Cycle lodge/Bikepyrenees.

I arrived a couple of days before the ride. A couple of Irish guys were there already and we had a ride out together up the Cols Ares and Latrape. The weather that day was fantastic and we hoped it was going to stay that way.

Unfortunately next day, the last before our transfer to Hendaye and the Raid start, we woke up to a cold misty day. The Irish chaps needed to go to St Giron so I rode the day solo, checking out the quite scary Crouzette and riding down to Foix.

On my way back I went over the Port and up the very (4km 12%) steep Peguere. On the descent down the Crouzette to the lodge I met the Irish guys coming up. We met later for dinner. They had set some PBs on the trip already in terms of height/distance. They agreed the Crouzette was another in terms of sheer difficulty.

No comments: