Friday, November 16, 2007

Next years training plan is taking a bit more shape. On reflection I decided to give the Stryeproven a miss as the logistics of getting there/back will be a bit tricky and probably best left for another year when I have a bit more time.

So I have decided to focus on sportives and try to do at least a couple in France as well as UK.
My main events the moment the Wessex end May and Marmotte in July. Latter should be a bit of a blast as it reckoned to be one of the hardest sportives on the calendar.
For the Wessex I was planning a target of under 19 hours but latest info on the event shows its going to be shorter than this year. So I think I will aim for a target AVS of 30kph. This will be a bit of a tall order but may be doable. This year I managed 30.6 for day 1, though only 26.1 for day 3. (Day 2 was a washout due to wind and rain).

Setting a target for the Marmotte is a bit trickier. The event is 175km or so long and 4500m or so climbing. Looking over my rides this year I have done similar day rides and averaged 21kph which would give a time of 8:20. However in the excitement of doing a sportive I would expect to go a bit quicker than this, so will set a target of AVS 24kph and a target time of 7:30. It will be interesting to see how I end up doing.....(famous last words)

No comments: