Thursday, November 08, 2007

My first MAP

Did my first MAP test a couple of nights ago. This is a test to exhaustion that you can use to set power training zones (see here for info: http://www.cyclecoach.com/pageID-articles-Power_Guidelines.htm)

My first MAP




The test involved me pedalling away on my turbo, gradually increasing power until I could pedal no more. I started at 150W and increased by 5W every 12 seconds until I faded at around 375W. Apart from the pedalling the hardest thing about the test was checking the watts I was meant to be doing vs what I actually was. I tended to go a bit over all the time so my MAP score was 382W (peak 1 minute). This is "good" according to the site for my 73kg weight. Its a bit under where I think I should be, partly because I have had a few weeks of taking things easy and partly due to me getting used to the mechanics of the test. Will be interesting to see how things go next time....

No comments: