Sunday, September 02, 2012

Training Going Well

Training is going well.  A little late, I have finally got around to setting up an excellent environment to work out in. 

Key thing is using the Wattbike software on my PC to monitor training. This is much improved over the Wattbike display.

Example above shows ramp up during warmup. HR on left and power on right. Each is coloured, power shows training zones and HR shows steps highlighting those above 164 which is where I sense a cutover from endurance to threshold levels. 

Apart from being better using the above frees up the Wattbike computer so that I can use its race function to help push training.  Good example of this yesterday, I did a VO2 session 2 x (3x3) yesterday pushing 400W. Followed by a drift test that was great, 18 mins at 280W averaging 153bpm and only 1.24% drift.

 

No comments: