Monday, October 13, 2008

Balmy Burley


Amazing weather for the first weekend of August sorry October...sunny blue skies and temperatures over 20C. Both days better than any in the "summer" months..

So lucky that this was the weekend chosen for the NRC YHA weekend. 8 of us rode down to the New Forest and stayed overnight at Burley Youth Hostel (see pic above). I rode on my single speed which coped admirably with the task.
I had not visited the New Forest since childhood, probably being put off by the fact that on that occasion my attempt to feed a pony had resulted in bitten fingers...

Anyway happily I have got over that trauma and won't wait as long to visit again. In fact the run we did was perfect for a long steady training ride. Also be perfect for taking Mrs M triking as the roads in the forest are flat as a pancake, with great visibility and we stopped off at the perfect watering hole for her...

No comments: