Thursday, May 24, 2007

First Official Time Trial

Did first official time trial last night, actually managing to turn up in time..

Almost cheesed it as got to the start to find no-one there and no sign of anyone. Pottered up the A4 and had just about made my mind up to accept that I was in the wrong place when spotted a tandem who confirmed time trial was due to happen.

Eventually found the registration, being no. 27 of 27 to check in.

Warmed up and went out with plan to go out in 320W. Managed this and to my surprise managed even better on way back to complete in 325W average, giving a time of 24.11. Not bad for a first attempt and my target of breaking 24mins seems very much on as lost most of the missing 11secs on the start and cruise into the finish.

Final standing showed me 11th, winning time was 21.45 (so way to go for that, including getting a TT bike which I dont fancy at all)

No comments: