Saturday, November 30, 2019

Bonjour, et bienvenu a Mr Miff's Tour de France - revisited


I hope you enjoy travelling with us.

2019 thoughts....

Many thanks to Mrs Miff for kicking this off way back....

Seems like only yesterday and a long time ago.

I definitely made the right decision to eschew my mountain aka mud bike for the road.

Still one of the defining moments of my life came in my first ever "sportive", the Winter Solstice on Salisbury plain.

Totally exhausted with miles still to go I had the choice of cutting over to the short course. I demurred and pushed on finally finishing 3rd from dead last completely famished and ODing on bananas.

It was both my worst and best ever result.

2 comments:

ragaMuffin said...

Nobody remembers who came second (sigh); but, at least, I can write:

1, 2, 3 ...

ragaMuffin said...

... except that subsequent edits to the blog have made this comment totally incomprehensible (sigh - again) ...