Friday, July 13, 2012

Virtual Tour - 6D TV


Just finished stage 11 so over half way and one of the hardest stages done. 

It's going remarkably well, better than I expected. It's tough though, which sort of adds to the fun, sort of like 6-D TV, I get the added dimensions of sweat, exhaustion and pain. 

Managed to ride all the stages except the prologue, most just the last couple of hours but stages 8 and 11 did the whole thing from start to finish. Both were hilly, stage 11 the hardest yet with 4 climbs all ones I know well, Madeline, Croix de Fer, Mollard and Toissure.  Last 3 were same as the 2006 route and I was surprised how much of it I could remember.

TSS above gives some idea of the workload, pretty high overall.


 Power levels pretty good too. Meanmax graph shows lots of PBs set from 2 minutes onwards. Especially pleased with the first HC climb, 50 minutes at 262W, which was pretty much my target power back in 2009.  

However yesterdays ride was a bit of an eye opener, did first climb fine but failed half way up the second. So still a ways to go power wise.

 

No comments: