Monday, December 31, 2007

Weight of my body (and mind)

It being this time of year it seems appropriate to reflect on the progress of my diet. Weight, the mission to shed some, was the route that got me into cycling, kicked off by a New Year 2005 resolution. Back then I was a portly 14 stone plus, I bought myself a top notch exercise bike and some digital scales in Jan 2005 and started pedalling. Progress since then has been pretty good:


(Graph weight in lbs since May 2005 to end Dec 2007, blue line = weight at start of day, red = rolling 3 week average)

Graph above shows how my weight came down steadily through 2005/first half 2006, then stabilising after my TDF.

The graph below shows weight during 2007 remained pretty consistent though with a few ups and downs. The ups came naturally enough around holidays and a business trip to the US. Bizarrely I also came back from my two cycling trips weighing more than when I left. This was not too much of a surprise actually, since the same happened on my TDF, after a hard days riding the temptation to tuck into a good meal is just too much.
My scales also give the option to record a fat%. This can be a bit inconsistent as varies according to the time of day you measure and also if you have just exercise/eaten. I take at the end of each day. Notwithstanding the variances there is quite a clear trend down mirroring my weight loss. The recent trend upwards is puzzling. Not planning to do anything it but will keep an eye on it and see how start of harder training affects it.



No comments: