Monday, October 15, 2007

Winter draws on - time to think of summer

The NRC trip to Wales pretty much marks the end of 2007 as far as cycle events go. So I will clean the cow poo off my bike, put it away for winter and start using my winter bike and single speed.

I will also start to think about what to do next year. Fortunately I was assisted in this by sharing a car with Steve from the NRC. He has been riding all his life and in his time has, quite literally, ridden pretty much every ride there is to do, many more than once. Most impressive is probably doing the P-B-P 4 times (P-B-P will be on the to do list next time it runs in 2011). He mentioned some interesting tours in the UK one in the Lake District, the other in Scotland. Both are Audax "Permanents" which means you can do them whenever you like so I will do one or other (or both) in gaps in next years plans.

He also mentioned a tour of Picardy which, running as it does in north France, gives the option of riding to the event, doing it and riding back which would be fun.

Also he has done the Trondheim-Oslo Strkyeproven which looks excellent on a number of fronts: it's in Norway where I have never been, its in June so you spend the whole day in sunlight. You need this as the event is 580km long which, if I did it, would be a comfortable PB on the distance in a day front (my current being around 240km).

So pondering to be done.....

No comments: