Monday, May 29, 2006

Fete des Meres in Cormeilles

Apologies for the lack of accents. After my disasterous attempts at using code these last few entries, I'm in no mood to be daring.

You'll no doubt be glad to learn that Mr M phoned me yesterday from Cormeilles where in a 'cadre chalhereux' he was due to disport himself in the 'calme et confort' of a chambre 'de style cosy,' all this courtesy of Fabrice et Delphine of the Auberge du President. Rather too cosy from the looks of the pic I spotted on the website - although I think the room shown was several grades up from the one he was allocated. Just as well; I can't imagine the patrons would have appreciated him draping his lycra cycling things (with or without antibacterial lining) all over the bed canopy!

Anyway, try and find the website for Cormeilles. From all accounts it's a really pretty place with the architecture of the old houses being not unlike Tudor style -w with as the spouse told me, each being done out in soft colours. It was the best day of the tour so far, with...roll of drums.... No Rain!. Mr M was waiting for his room to be made up when he called, and so had a wander round the place. Being, as he'd realised, the Fete des Meres, the restaurants were completely booked up; he didn't even try to get lunch. Folk were all decked out in their Sunday best, including he said, a crowd of (mostly) little girls coming out of the church. I'd suspect we're into First Communion season over there which would account for it.

Saturday night's meal at St Didier was Italian style pasta and pizza, with anchovies. Although thankfully no cleaver weilding chef was in evidence. If you've ever read the Tim Moore book on shadowing the Tour you'll know exactly what I'm referring to!

No comments: