Thursday, April 13, 2006

Crisps!


12th April - 100K, 1000M and the best crisps I have ever tasted

Nice weather today so went for a ride on the downs. Decided to push myself a little and was happy with results, ended up doing 106km and over 1000m of climbing including several 10%+ hills. Averaged over 25kph which was pretty good as the wind was blowing a bit especially for the first 50k.

Rewarded myself with a trip to the pub with Mrs Miffy and had a very pleasurable experience. The humble crisp is something of a convenience food, over the years I guess I must have eaten several thousands of the little blighters, but never really thought of them as a gourmet experience. Well that changed when I tried some of the new "Pipers" crisps that the pub was selling. They were as close as I have ever tasted to the perfect crisp. The potato tasted great and were fried to perfection. And the flavouring tasted of real cheese. I liked them so much I bought 5 packets. If you ever see them around, treat yourself.

No comments: