Friday, March 24, 2006

My Sky Mounti inclinometer

Before I got the computer I bought myself a Sky Mounti inclinometer. This is a nifty device that instantly tells you how steeply you are climbing. It is very simple, just a special type of spirit level with a bubble that moves to show how many % the hill you are climbing is. I bought it in order to be able to compare the hills I am climbing with those I will see in France, at least in terms of incline if not distance. I find it less useful now I have the HAC4 but still use it from time to time as it gives an instant reading whereas the HAC4 only updates every 15 secs or so (as it is constantly recalculating the gradient based on height gained/distance travelled) and, depending on how you have set it, may need a button to be pressed which is not something you necessarily will have the energy for if the climb is very steep....

No comments: